On Saturday 21st January, SSAP in partnership with AFFORD and Hub Cymru Africa hosted a diaspora business, ivestment and enterprise accelerator, an event that heped to stimulate African diaspora enterpreneurship in the UK and in Africa.
1. The launch of Diaspora Finance and Investment which is part of a UK-wide roadshow aimed at creating awareness among African Diaspora businesses in Wales and recruiting businesses to participate in the Business Planning Competition. DFI aims to stimulate and harness diaspora investment into job creation and enhance the African social economy.
2. The event will be followed by an afternoon panel discussion on diaspora investment and enterprise in Wales and Africa. Prominent business owners from the community and beyond will be invited to the event to share their experiences of doing business in Wales and Africa. The session will explore ways on how we can support African diaspora interested in opening businesses in both places.
1. Greater understanding and awareness of AFFORD’s Diaspora Finance and Investment Project.
2. Increased understanding of Diaspora entrepreneurship in the UK and Africa.
3. Build the capacity of diaspora entrepreneurship
4. Increased understanding of capacity and needs of Diaspora communities in business and entrepreneurship.
5. Share, learn and network.
Below are links to some of the resources from the event:-
Dr Effion Akpan on AFFORD’s Presentation on diaspora business and enterprise accelerator
Franck Banza on Supporting African Entrepreneurship in Wales Sat 21 Jan
Alun Jones on Investment & Social Enterprise in Wales
Link to Pictures from the event
More information on the diaspora business and enterprise accelerator
Please give us feedback.