Next Generation BAME Activist’ Leadership Development Programme – Next Gen Activists Change Programme invites participants from the BAME community to join an exciting pilot funded by the Big Lottery and delivered by Sub Saharan Advisory Panel ( SSAP) in partnership with Choice and Control Consortium (CCC).
The Next Gen Activists Change Programme will use the lived experiences as strengths to the local activists and leaders from the BAME community who want to make a positive change to their communities and to act with power and authenticity. It is intended to empower and enable strong leadership skills for those who rarely get the opportunity for high quality training in leadership.
The Big Lottery support our view that activists by their very nature have tremendous strengths of character and already have leadership skills that help them to influence, challenge and support work that public services and others do. “They are the blood of the sector but often unrecognised and undervalued.". "They often give a lot more than they will ever be paid for, so we decided to give them this opportunity to understand and practice leadership skills with the support of excellent trainers and peers”
Applications are invited from those
- With lived experience – i.e. those who use their first-hand experience of a social issue to create positive change for, and with, communities and people they share those experiences with.
- Who may be from the range of public and third sector – community development, health, environment, social care, youth work etc
- Who are paid or volunteer.
- Aged between 25 and 30 and so bring experience of working or volunteering
- Live in Cardiff or near by
- Can attend all the allocated days and dates for the training (9 days over Oct to 2020, three action learning sets and sessions with your mentor )
- Have full support of their manager or if volunteering, demonstrate commitment
- Can pay your own travel to central
- Submit a full application form by 9th September 2019. Full Application can be downloaded here.